    George Guest

    Any good book recommendattions for ASP.Net using C#?

    Thanks

    George, Jul 13, 2004

  2. George

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Which part do you need more, ASP.NET framework or C# Language? I suggest
    getting a C# Language Reference book (I've got a WROX press one that's
    great). Then I'd suggest an intro to ASP.NET (look at MS Press) as a great
    starting point.
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/net/aspnet/default.asp all pretty
    good).

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 13, 2004

  3. George

    Fred Guest

    Programming Microsoft ASP.NET by Dino Esposito (Microsoft Press)

    Fred, Jul 13, 2004
  4. George

    George Guest

    Thanks,

    I understand C#, I am more looking for a good book on ASP.Net 2.0 using C#.

    George, Jul 13, 2004
  5. George

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Ahh.... ASP.NET 2.0, that's another story.
    I'm reading "An Intorduction to ASP.NET 2.0" (Homer, Sussman, Howard) from
    Addison Wesley and so far it's really good.
    Just rememeber all the 2.0 books are based on pre-release info and therefore
    not guaranteed to be right come release time.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 13, 2004
  6. Hey Curt, are you using the alpha or beta version of the book?

    I didn't think the beta was to be published til later in the month.

    http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321257278

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 13, 2004
  7. George

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Mine's a different ISBN than that one so I'm saying alpha. Still though,
    goot stuff.
    Scott Guthrie wrote the forword on it....

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 14, 2004
  8. George

    George Guest

    How about just ASP.Net 1.0?

    Thanks

    George, Jul 14, 2004
  9. Hi Curt,

    It must be the alpha book. They're updating it as the software progresses.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 15, 2004
  10. You can't go wrong with Stephen Walther's ASP.NET Unleashed.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 15, 2004