    Website?

    Thanks
    George
    George W, Dec 6, 2004

  2. George W

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:40:30 GMT, George W <>
    wrote:

    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?

    Honestly? Not to.

    Allow the user to bookmark it through normal means - it's among the first
    things a user will learn to do. "Bookmark this site" seems a plea of
    desperation. If it's worthwhile for them to do so, they will without your
    asking.
    Neal, Dec 6, 2004

  3. George W

    Jan Faerber Guest

    George W wrote:

    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?

    works mainly in IE

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 6, 2004
  4. George W wrote:

    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?

    .... to not. Its already implemented in web browsers.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Dec 6, 2004
  5. George W wrote:
    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?

    Like this:

    browser's "bookmarks" or "favorites" feature to store its URI for later
    retrieval.</p>
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 6, 2004
  6. On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:40:30 +0000, George W wrote:

    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?
    >
    > Thanks
    > George

    Maybe, "Bookmarks->Bookmark This Page" or "Favorites->Add to Favorites".

    Why on earth do you need to reproduce behavior that works perfectly well
    within the browser? I realize that people are mostly not very bright when
    it comes to using computers but maybe just a message to the effect, "If
    you are too dumb to know how to bookmark this site then here's how: blah
    blah"

    I mean, using JavaScript or something to reinvent the wheel just seems
    silly.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 6, 2004
  7. George W

    Neal Guest

    Robin:

    > first of all that isn't html,

    Generally anything related to the webpage is considered on-topic here.
    You'll see CSS, Javascript, PHP questions from time to time.
    Neal, Dec 6, 2004
  8. George W

    Robin Guest

    "George W" <> wrote in message
    > Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
    > Website?
    >
    > Thanks
    > George

    first of all that isn't html, and second, don't do it!
    -Robin
    Robin, Dec 6, 2004