bordercolor, bgcolor, bordercolordark, etc

Rick

Hi,

Having table attributes bordercolor, bgcolor and bordercolordark on an
aspx page doesn't allow the page to be viewed in design mode, it
produces errors. How can I substitute these attributes in aspx or work
around this problem? I want to be able to see this page in design mode
and still retain the table's original look. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Richard

Guest

Hi,

Having table attributes bordercolor, bgcolor and bordercolordark on an
aspx page doesn't allow the page to be viewed in design mode, it
produces errors. How can I substitute these attributes in aspx or work
around this problem? I want to be able to see this page in design mode
and still retain the table's original look. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Richard

what error do you get?

This works fine for me

bordercolordark="#006633">

Rick

Hi, Richard

what error do you get?

This works fine for me

bordercolordark="#006633">

For example, there's a table defined like this:

the word "align" is underlined as an error. Trying to switch to design
view, displays error dialog "Cannot switch to design view because of
errors on page"
Hovering the mouse over the "align" attribute, displays a tooltip
"Validation XHTML 1.0 Transational. Attribute align is outdated. A
newer construct is recommended"

same happens with "bordercolorlight" in:
It says "bordercolorlight is not a valid attribute of element tr"

How can I resolve these errors? Which alternative can I use to view
this page in design view w/o losing the intended look?

I'll appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Guest

For example, there's a table defined like this:

the word "align" is underlined as an error. Trying to switch to design
view, displays error dialog "Cannot switch to design view because of
errors on page"
Hovering the mouse over the "align" attribute, displays a tooltip
"Validation XHTML 1.0 Transational. Attribute align is outdated. A
newer construct is recommended"

same happens with "bordercolorlight" in:
It says "bordercolorlight is not a valid attribute of element tr"

How can I resolve these errors? Which alternative can I use to view
this page in design view w/o losing the intended look?

I'll appreciate any help with this.

Go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - HTML - Validation
(or View - Toolbars - HTML Source Editing)

Change target from XHTML 1.0 to other, for example, IE 6

The error you get is true, the align attribute has been deprecated in
XHTML, and because the target schema for validation has been selected
as for XHTML you did get that error.

I'd recommend to use CSS

<center>