    structure.

    Please help

    Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen, Jan 24, 2004

  2. "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in
    news:pnxQb.118986$:
    > I know I have seen a way to stop the terrible reformatting that VS 2003 IDE
    > does. Beyond that is MS going to do a better (could not do a worse) job of
    > auto formatting.

    Its in the options. Just turn it off.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    I have turned off the option that says when you switch views reformat. This
    seems to nothing. Refomatting happens anyway. And the reformatting is
    beyond belief.

    Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Lloyd Sheen

    Showjumper Guest

    Is this reformatting occuring when you switch from design to code view?
    Afraid even with the format options off that it will still occur. Good news
    is that it is fixed in the next version of vs.

    Showjumper, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Lloyd Sheen

    Brian W Guest

    This problem has been addressed in countless threads, both in this NG and
    many others.

    Yes it does SUCK and MS does know about it.

    Bottom line, is they aren't going to fix this anytime soon. And that SUCKS
    too!

    Will it be fixed for the Whidbey release? Your guess is as good as mine. (I
    vote NOT) this problems has been around for a long time, if you check the
    archives you'll see that people were bitching about this a long time ago on
    FrontPage.

    And no, switching it off in options does not work.

    The easiest thing to do is to use Ctrl+Z (undo) 1 or more times after
    switching to code view from design view, this should restore your
    formatting.

    I feel your pain brother!

    Best of luck
    Brian W

    Brian W, Jan 24, 2004
  6. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    I absolutely hate this IDE. For a product that has a long previous life, it
    seems the developers of VS 2003 did not learn from pevious iterations.

    Buttons on toolbars go missing, things like Index Help just sit there. I
    have had to exit the IDE more times than should be necessary just to get the
    IDE back to functional.

    Lloyd Sheen

    "Brian W" <brianw@gold_death_2_spam_rush.com> wrote in message
    > This problem has been addressed in countless threads, both in this NG and
    > many others.
    >
    > Yes it does SUCK and MS does know about it.
    >
    > Bottom line, is they aren't going to fix this anytime soon. And that SUCKS
    > too!
    >
    > Will it be fixed for the Whidbey release? Your guess is as good as mine.

    (I
    > vote NOT) this problems has been around for a long time, if you check the
    > archives you'll see that people were bitching about this a long time ago

    on
    > FrontPage.
    >
    > And no, switching it off in options does not work.
    >
    > The easiest thing to do is to use Ctrl+Z (undo) 1 or more times after
    > switching to code view from design view, this should restore your
    > formatting.
    >
    > I feel your pain brother!
    >

    > Best of luck
    > Brian W
    >

    > "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in

    message

    Lloyd Sheen, Jan 24, 2004
  7. "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in
    > I absolutely hate this IDE. For a product that has a long previous

    You should try writing custom designers and plugins to truly "appreciate" it.
    :)

    > life, it seems the developers of VS 2003 did not learn from pevious
    > iterations.

    Well they learned some. But here is hoping they can learn some more in future
    releases.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    And the latest one, since I don't want to restart I have been doing things
    in the command window. Now I want to go back to it to get those little
    pieces of good code and voila it's not available when the app is not being
    debugged. This worked in classic VS. MS get it right. Use some developers
    as QA.

    Lloyd Sheen, Jan 24, 2004