Broadcasting in Java but NOT MulticastSocket

Discussion in 'Java' started by CS, Jun 26, 2010.

  1. CS

    CS Guest

    CS, Jun 26, 2010

  2. On 26-06-2010 04:04, CS wrote:
    > I'm looking for a solution to send video to multiple recipients.
    > Already browsed:
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/datagrams/broadcasting.html
    >
    > But for me there is the possibility of using this. (Network problems)
    >
    > Is ther any other solutions to Broadcasting video in java without
    > overloading the bandwidth.

    I don't think anyone has changed their opinion on the topic since
    you asked 3 days ago.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 26, 2010

  3. CS

    markspace Guest

    CS wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a solution to send video to multiple recipients.
    > Already browsed:
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/datagrams/broadcasting.html
    >
    > But for me there is the possibility of using this. (Network problems)

    We know. You said that already.

    > Is ther any other solutions to Broadcasting video in java without
    > overloading the bandwidth.

    No. Buy more bandwidth.

    > thanks for the reply.

    You're welcome.

    markspace, Jun 26, 2010
  4. In article <4c25b49a$0$17095$>,
    "CS" <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a solution to send video to multiple recipients.
    > Already browsed:
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/datagrams/broadcasting.html
    > But for me there is the possibility of using this. (Network problems)
    >
    > Is ther any other solutions to Broadcasting video in java without
    > overloading the bandwidth.
    >
    > thanks for the reply.

    This isn't a Java question. There's UDP, broadcast UDP, and TCP.
    That's it.

    You'll have to pay an edge cache company or buy some bandwidth and CPU
    from a server farm.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 26, 2010