    How can I make the Excel and Word files to be browsed in IE, instead of
    download when click the Link? thanks for any idea.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Andrew

    Murray Jack Guest

    they should be shown in a browser by default

    how are you linking to them is it just using a <a href=""></a> or by some
    other means

    Murray Jack, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Unfortunately no, I did below but it doesn't swith to the page (pdf and txt
    work). and prompt for download

    Andrew, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > How can I make the Excel and Word files to be browsed in IE, instead

    of
    > download when click the Link? thanks for any idea.
    >
    > Andrew

    I don't believe you can force this, as it's a browser setting of
    whether the file is downloaded or viewed.

    , Jan 20, 2005