browser simulator

mcnewsxp

is there a decent browser simulator that willow testing of different
IE and Mozilla versions? I used to use one about a decade ago, but
haven't needed one till recently.
tia,
mike

mcnewsxp

i should have made it clear that i need to test an app that requires
authentication and runs on the local browser on my PC. so i can't
just paste URLs.

thanks,
mike

Kim André Akerø

På Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:12:19 +0200, skrev mcnewsxp
i should have made it clear that i need to test an app that requires
authentication and runs on the local browser on my PC. so i can't
just paste URLs.

In that case, I believe something like BrowserCam's Remote Access service
might be closer to your needs:
http://www.browsercam.com/services/remote-access/

Please note that this service costs $19.95 for a one-day access pass (each
session limited to 30 minutes at a time, and it's not included in the free
trial they offer), or $59.95 per month if you need to use it a lot in your
line of work (it's also available as part of their package plans,
apparently).
https://www.browsercam.com/plans/

Then again, for that price you get to test your app/site against Linux
(Fedora Core 4 and 9), Mac OS X (from 10.3 to 10.5), Windows 98, Windows
NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows
7, and with several different browsers on each platform (only IE 5.5 on
Windows NT 4.0, though).

I haven't tried their service myself yet, but it does seem to be a good
solution for those who need to test on many different platforms.

mcnewsxp

i've been emailing back and forth with this company and they say it
will do what i want:

try.powermapper.com