Browsers Problems

Desmond

Problems with diffrent web browsers.

I am trying out a section of an old website and getting browser
problems.
At the following location I am having problems.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/YBC/holidayClub.htm

Netscape® Communicator 4.79 Clicking on Contact us The <input type=>
<textatrea> and submit are missing.

firefox 1.5.0.10 The Contact us is not even linkable.

Is there a table of what works where and when?

Desmond.

J.O. Aho

Desmond said:
Problems with diffrent web browsers.

I am trying out a section of an old website and getting browser
problems.
At the following location I am having problems.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/YBC/holidayClub.htm

Netscape® Communicator 4.79 Clicking on Contact us The <input type=>
<textatrea> and submit are missing.

firefox 1.5.0.10 The Contact us is not even linkable.

Is there a table of what works where and when?

There is no input/textarea tags on the page and the "contact" is a
mailto link, I guess your FF hasn't configured any default mail client,
so it don't try to do anything.

David Dorward

Desmond said:
I am trying out a section of an old website and getting browser
problems. At the following location I am having problems.

That doesn't appear to be the URL you discuss below.
Netscape® Communicator 4.79 Clicking on Contact us The <input type=>
<textatrea> and submit are missing.

Netscape 4? That is highly obsolete and I'm pretty sure it hasn't seen a
security release this millennium! It is also very very buggy. Most people
don't bother supporting it and its tiny marketshare. (If you do care about
it, then stick to HTML 4.01 Strict and use the mutiple media types hack,
the media="all" hack or the @import hack to hide stylesheets from it.
firefox 1.5.0.10 The Contact us is not even linkable.

But since we can't see it, we can't suggest why other then to give a
reminder that valid code is the best starting point:
http://validator.w3.org/

Toby A Inkster

Desmond said:
Netscape® Communicator 4.79

What? Am I caught in a time warp?

Netscape 4.79 is *old*. It's not just old compared to other browsers; it's
old compared to other Netscape 4.X browsers. Netscape 4.8 was released in
2002.

Netscape 9 is due out very soon. Do yourself a favour and forget Netscape
4. Do you still support IE 2.0?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!