Building installer for Web app

harry

Hi all

I have a browser based application that I am looking to deploy. I have built
an installer but need to have the installer do some permission changes. I am
looking for someone to point me in the direction where I can find help
on writing scripts for my deployment project.

I need to write scripts that will change permissions of files that I install
to allow IIS to access and also DCOMCNFG permissions to allow a third party
DLL to be accessed and configured.

Thanks
Harry

Pete Davis

You'll probably need to create an object in your assembly derived from the
Installer class. In this, you'll probably want to handle the AfterInstall
event and perform the work from there. You can use your language of choice:
VB.NET, C#, etc

This will be called by the Installation app to allow you to perform any
custom work you need as part of your application installation.

Pete