Bush Campaign Shift: Now It's a One-Man Race

Gactimus

President George Bush today announced a major strategy shift in his
re-election campaign brought on by what he described as "the failure of my
nominal opponent to present a single reason voters should support him."

The Bush-Cheney campaign will now simply ignore John Forbes Kerry, the
Democrat candidate and Vietnam veteran who is also a U.S. Senator.

"It's hard to mount an entire campaign against an opponent who has no
record, no bedrock values, no consistent positions, no new ideas and only
wants to talk about something he hasn't done for 35 years," said Mr. Bush.
"So far, the fight has been between me and anti-me...Bush against hate-Bush.
From now on, we're looking at a one-man race for the presidency."

Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
for the future.

"I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still open.
We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

jps

Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
for the future.

That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.

kurttrail

Victor said:
Could you please skip comp.lang.c++ when spamming Usenet with your
political postings? Thanks.

Douchebag, not only did you not cut comp.lang.c++ from your reply or set a
Followup-To to omit that group from replies, but you repeated the spam post
yourself.

I hope you program more logically than you post to the USENET.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Gactimus

(e-mail address removed) (666) wrote in
From salon.com:

It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
vet
An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
expect it to not be scrutinized?

6

666

Gactimus said:
Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
for the future.

"I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still open.
We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

From salon.com:

It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
vet
An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

August 26, 2004

Dear Mr. Bush,

I know you and I have had our differences in the past, and I realize I
am the one who started this whole mess about "who did what" during
Vietnam when I brought up that "deserter" nonsense back in January.
But I have to hand it to you on what you have uncovered about John
Kerry and his record in Vietnam. Kerry has tried to pass himself off
as a war hero, but thanks to you and your friends, we now know the
truth.

First of all, thank you for pointing out to all of us that Mr. Kerry
was never struck by a BULLET. It was only SHRAPNEL that entered his
body! I did not know that! Hell, what's the big deal about a bunch of
large, sharp, metal shards ripping open your flesh? That happens to
all of us! In my opinion, if you want a Purple Heart, you'd better be
hit by a bullet -- with your name on it!

Secondly, thank you for sending Bob Dole out there and letting us know
that Mr. Kerry, though wounded three times, actually "never spilled
blood." When you are in the debates with Kerry, turn to him and say,
"Dammit, Mr. Kerry, next time you want a Purple Heart, you better
spill some American red blood! And I don't mean a few specks like
those on O.J.'s socks -- we want to see a good pint or two of blood
for each medal. In fact, I would have preferred that you had bled
profusely, a big geyser of blood spewing out of your neck or
something!" Then throw this one at him: "Senator Kerry, over 58,000
brave Americans gave their lives in Vietnam -- but YOU didn't. You
only got WOUNDED! What do you have to say for yourself???" Lay that
one on him and he won't know what to do.

And thanks, also, Mr. Bush, for exposing the fact that Mr. Kerry might
have actually WOUNDED HIMSELF in order to get those shiny medals. Of
course he did! How could the Viet Cong have hit him -- he was on a
SWIFT boat! He was going too fast to be hit by enemy fire. He tried to
blow himself up three different times just so he could go home and run
for president someday. It's all so easy to see, now, what he was up
to.

What would we do without you, Mr. Bush? Criticize you as we might,
when it comes to pointing out other men's military records, there is
no one who can touch your prowess. In 2000, you let out the rumor that
your opponent John McCain might be "nuts" from the five years he spent
in a POW camp. Then, in the 2002 elections, your team compared
triple-amputee Sen. Max Cleland to Osama bin Laden, and that cost him
the election. And now you are having the same impact on war hero John
Kerry. Since you (oops, I mean "The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth!")
started running those ads, Kerry's poll numbers have dropped (with
veterans, he has lost 18 points in the last few weeks).

Some people have said, "Who are you, Mr. Bush, to attack these brave
men considering you yourself have never seen combat -- in fact, you
actively sought to avoid it." What your critics fail to understand is
that even though your dad got you into a unit that would never be sent
to Vietnam -- and even though you didn't show up for Guard duty for at
least a year -- at least you were still IN FAVOR of the Vietnam War!
Cowards like Clinton felt it was more important to be consistent (he
opposed the war, thus he refused to go) than to be patriotic and
two-faced.

The reason that I think you know so much about other men's war wounds
is because, during your time in the Texas Air National Guard, you
suffered so many of them yourself. Consider the paper cut you received
on Sept. 22,1972, while stationed in Alabama, working on a Senate
campaign for your dad's friend (when you were supposed to be on the
Guard base). A campaign brochure appeared from nowhere, ambushing your
right index finger, and blood trickled out onto your brand new argyle
sweater.

Then there was the incident with the Crazy Glue when your fraternity
brothers visited you one weekend at the base and glued your lips
together while you were "passed out." Though initially considered
"friendly fire," it was later ruled that you suffered severe
post-traumatic stress disorder from the assault and required certain
medicinal attention -- which, it seems, was provided by those same
fraternity brethren.

But nothing matched your heroism when, on July 2, 1969, you sustained
a massive head injury when enemy combatants from another Guard unit
dropped a keg of Coors on your head during a reconnaissance mission at
a nearby all-girls college. Fortunately, the cool, smooth fluids that
poured out of the keg were exactly what was needed to revive you.

That you never got a Purple Heart for any of these incidents is a
shame. I can fully appreciate your anger at Senator Kerry for the
three he received. I mean, Kerry was a man of privilege, he could
have gotten out just like you. Instead, he thinks he's going to gain
points with the American people bragging about how he was getting shot
at every day in the Mekong Delta. Ha! Is that the best he can do?
Hell, I hear gunfire every night outside my apartment window! If he
thinks he is going to impress anyone with the fact that he volunteered
to go when he could have spent the Vietnam years on the family yacht,
he should think again. That only shows how stupid he was! True-blue
Americans want a president who knows how to pull strings and work the
system and get away with doing as little work as possible!

So, to make it up to you, I have written some new ads you can use on
TV. People will soon tire of the Swift Boat Veterans and you are
going to need some fresh, punchier material. Feel free to use any of
these:

ANNOUNCER: "When the bullets were flying all around him in Vietnam,
what did John Kerry do? He said he leaned over the boat and 'pulled a
man out of the river.' But, as we all know, men don't live in the
river -- fish do. John Kerry knows how to tell a big fish tale. What
he won't tell you is that when the enemy was shooting at him, he
ducked. Do you want a president who will duck? Vote Bush."

ANNOUNCER: "Mr. Kerry's biggest supporter, Sen. Max Cleland, claims to
have lost two legs and an arm in Vietnam. But he still has one arm!
How did that happen? One word: Cowardice. When duty called, he was
unwilling to give his last limb. Is that the type of selfishness you
want hanging out in the White House? We think not. Vote for the man
who would be willing to give America his right frontal lobe. Vote
Bush."

Hope these help, Mr. Bush. And remember, when the American death toll
in Iraq hits 1,000 during the Republican Convention, be sure to
question whether those who died really did indeed "die" -- or were
they just trying to get their faces on CNN's nightly tribute to fallen
heroes? The 16 who've died so far this week were probably working hand
in hand with the Kerry campaign to ruin your good time in New York.
Stay consistent, sir, and always, ALWAYS question the veracity of
anyone who risks their life for this country. It's the least they
deserve.

Yours,

Michael Moore
(e-mail address removed)
www.michaelmoore.com

P.S. George, I know you said you don't read the newspaper, but USA
Today has given me credentials to the Republican Convention to write a
guest column each day next week (Tuesday to Friday). If you don't want
to read it, you and I will be in the same building so maybe I could
come by and read it to you?

Lemme know ...

Snit

(e-mail address removed) (666) wrote in

Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
expect it to not be scrutinized?

Just sad that so many people have to lie about his record... what, do they
think he only earned 2 1/2 purple hearts?

Face it - if the man did not earn his medals, that means the military hands
out medals in cracker jack boxes. Is that what these not-so-swift vets for
anything-but-truth expect us to believe?

MR_ED_of_Course

Says you. Of course, a hundred million voters might want to take matters
into their own hands. I say at least fifty million of 'em are going to
vote for Kerry.

Sounds like a tossup at the moment. It won't end up that way, of course;
it's going to be a landslide for the Democrats.

And why? Because Kerry is going to ask the classic Ronald Reagan question:
are you better off today than you were four years ago?

Only about three million people in this country can truly answer "yes",
and they earn a million plus a year.

I don't know about that, let's see...4 years ago... Right before Bush was
elected...

Oh yes, I remember...I was living in the heart of the tech industry in San
Francisco. Venture capital had run dry. Clinton's justice department's
pounding of MSFT resulted in a huge stock market crash with people over
extended having to dump stocks to cover losses. Lots of companies going
belly up and lay-offs all around. Gas prices shot up overnight to about
where they are today. Some days Gray Davis allowed us to have electrical
power, other days we pretended to be a 3rd world country. Meanwhile
corporate CEOs were defrauding small investors and raiding pension funds.
Terrorists were plotting the worst US attack in history. Our president was
conducting a war that was against international law, and was bombing Iraq.
North Korea was going nuclear. Reality programming was taking over the
television networks. And Bill Clinton fed the right wing monster by not
only getting caught having sexual relations with an intern, but lying to it
under oath and to the American people.

I was making a million plus a year during Clinton's administration, but it
was on paper during the tech bubble. Now, I'm making a *good* income, and
it's real money...oh, and I get to spend more of it myself.

David Fritzinger

Gactimus said:
(e-mail address removed) (666) wrote in

Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
expect it to not be scrutinized?

Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.
But, we know you have no integrity.

Gactimus

Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.

Prove they lied.

forge

Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.

Prove they lied.[/QUOTE]

For the twenty-ninth time. (eyeroll) Not playing your games any more
Gacky.

jps

I was making a million plus a year during Clinton's administration, but it
was on paper during the tech bubble. Now, I'm making a *good* income, and
it's real money...oh, and I get to spend more of it myself.

Oh, you got $600 more in income than you would have and you're paying
through the nose on local taxes and services are stretched to the hilt.

And, your progeny will be responsible for a shitload of debt and debt
service.

Good luck collecting on any of the SS you're paying in.

jps

forge

For the twenty-ninth time. (eyeroll) Not playing your games any more
Gacky.

Your admission of defeat is noted and accepted.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Gacky, this is a debate, not any other sort of competition. Me
giving up providing proof for you to heap disrespect on and summarily
ignore does not mean there has been any victory or defeat. Try again.

Phlip

An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

Oooh, to live in a world where neither of them had a career...