Bush Campaign Shift: Now It's a One-Man Race

Discussion in 'C++' started by Gactimus, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    President George Bush today announced a major strategy shift in his
    re-election campaign brought on by what he described as "the failure of my
    nominal opponent to present a single reason voters should support him."

    The Bush-Cheney campaign will now simply ignore John Forbes Kerry, the
    Democrat candidate and Vietnam veteran who is also a U.S. Senator.

    "It's hard to mount an entire campaign against an opponent who has no
    record, no bedrock values, no consistent positions, no new ideas and only
    wants to talk about something he hasn't done for 35 years," said Mr. Bush.
    "So far, the fight has been between me and anti-me...Bush against hate-Bush.
    From now on, we're looking at a one-man race for the presidency."

    Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
    candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
    for the future.

    "I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
    president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still open.
    We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."
    Gactimus, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Gactimus

    jps Guest

    In article <r2cqxyizdef6$>, says...

    > Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
    > candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
    > for the future.

    That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.
    jps, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    jps <> wrote in

    > In article <r2cqxyizdef6$>, says...
    >
    >> Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    >> Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    >> his vision for the future.

    > That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.

    Kerry has already lost.
    Gactimus, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Gactimus wrote:
    > jps <> wrote in
    >

    >>In article <r2cqxyizdef6$>, says...
    >>

    >>>Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    >>>Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    >>>his vision for the future.

    >>That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.

    > Kerry has already lost.

    Could you please skip comp.lang.c++ when spamming Usenet with your
    political postings? Thanks.
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 28, 2004
  5. Gactimus

    Larry Hewitt Guest

    "Gactimus" <> wrote in message
    > jps <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <r2cqxyizdef6$>, says...
    > >
    > >> Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    > >> Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    > >> his vision for the future.

    > > That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.

    > Kerry has already lost.

    Hee hee. He'd better get his web designers moving. www.georgebush.com has
    more pictures of Kerry on it the GW.

    Larry
    Larry Hewitt, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Gactimus

    kurttrail Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:

    > Could you please skip comp.lang.c++ when spamming Usenet with your
    > political postings? Thanks.

    Douchebag, not only did you not cut comp.lang.c++ from your reply or set a
    Followup-To to omit that group from replies, but you repeated the spam post
    yourself.

    I hope you program more logically than you post to the USENET.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    kurttrail, Aug 28, 2004
  7. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    (666) wrote in

    > Gactimus <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    >> Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    >> his vision for the future.
    >>
    >> "I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
    >> president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still
    >> open. We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

    > From salon.com:
    >
    > It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    > vet
    > An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
    expect it to not be scrutinized?
    Gactimus, Aug 28, 2004
  8. Gactimus

    666 Guest

    Gactimus <> wrote in message news:<r2cqxyizdef6$>...
    > Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the Democrat
    > candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and his vision
    > for the future.
    >
    > "I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
    > president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still open.
    > We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

    From salon.com:

    It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    vet
    An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    August 26, 2004

    Dear Mr. Bush,

    I know you and I have had our differences in the past, and I realize I
    am the one who started this whole mess about "who did what" during
    Vietnam when I brought up that "deserter" nonsense back in January.
    But I have to hand it to you on what you have uncovered about John
    Kerry and his record in Vietnam. Kerry has tried to pass himself off
    as a war hero, but thanks to you and your friends, we now know the
    truth.

    First of all, thank you for pointing out to all of us that Mr. Kerry
    was never struck by a BULLET. It was only SHRAPNEL that entered his
    body! I did not know that! Hell, what's the big deal about a bunch of
    large, sharp, metal shards ripping open your flesh? That happens to
    all of us! In my opinion, if you want a Purple Heart, you'd better be
    hit by a bullet -- with your name on it!

    Secondly, thank you for sending Bob Dole out there and letting us know
    that Mr. Kerry, though wounded three times, actually "never spilled
    blood." When you are in the debates with Kerry, turn to him and say,
    "Dammit, Mr. Kerry, next time you want a Purple Heart, you better
    spill some American red blood! And I don't mean a few specks like
    those on O.J.'s socks -- we want to see a good pint or two of blood
    for each medal. In fact, I would have preferred that you had bled
    profusely, a big geyser of blood spewing out of your neck or
    something!" Then throw this one at him: "Senator Kerry, over 58,000
    brave Americans gave their lives in Vietnam -- but YOU didn't. You
    only got WOUNDED! What do you have to say for yourself???" Lay that
    one on him and he won't know what to do.

    And thanks, also, Mr. Bush, for exposing the fact that Mr. Kerry might
    have actually WOUNDED HIMSELF in order to get those shiny medals. Of
    course he did! How could the Viet Cong have hit him -- he was on a
    SWIFT boat! He was going too fast to be hit by enemy fire. He tried to
    blow himself up three different times just so he could go home and run
    for president someday. It's all so easy to see, now, what he was up
    to.

    What would we do without you, Mr. Bush? Criticize you as we might,
    when it comes to pointing out other men's military records, there is
    no one who can touch your prowess. In 2000, you let out the rumor that
    your opponent John McCain might be "nuts" from the five years he spent
    in a POW camp. Then, in the 2002 elections, your team compared
    triple-amputee Sen. Max Cleland to Osama bin Laden, and that cost him
    the election. And now you are having the same impact on war hero John
    Kerry. Since you (oops, I mean "The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth!")
    started running those ads, Kerry's poll numbers have dropped (with
    veterans, he has lost 18 points in the last few weeks).

    Some people have said, "Who are you, Mr. Bush, to attack these brave
    men considering you yourself have never seen combat -- in fact, you
    actively sought to avoid it." What your critics fail to understand is
    that even though your dad got you into a unit that would never be sent
    to Vietnam -- and even though you didn't show up for Guard duty for at
    least a year -- at least you were still IN FAVOR of the Vietnam War!
    Cowards like Clinton felt it was more important to be consistent (he
    opposed the war, thus he refused to go) than to be patriotic and
    two-faced.

    The reason that I think you know so much about other men's war wounds
    is because, during your time in the Texas Air National Guard, you
    suffered so many of them yourself. Consider the paper cut you received
    on Sept. 22,1972, while stationed in Alabama, working on a Senate
    campaign for your dad's friend (when you were supposed to be on the
    Guard base). A campaign brochure appeared from nowhere, ambushing your
    right index finger, and blood trickled out onto your brand new argyle
    sweater.

    Then there was the incident with the Crazy Glue when your fraternity
    brothers visited you one weekend at the base and glued your lips
    together while you were "passed out." Though initially considered
    "friendly fire," it was later ruled that you suffered severe
    post-traumatic stress disorder from the assault and required certain
    medicinal attention -- which, it seems, was provided by those same
    fraternity brethren.

    But nothing matched your heroism when, on July 2, 1969, you sustained
    a massive head injury when enemy combatants from another Guard unit
    dropped a keg of Coors on your head during a reconnaissance mission at
    a nearby all-girls college. Fortunately, the cool, smooth fluids that
    poured out of the keg were exactly what was needed to revive you.

    That you never got a Purple Heart for any of these incidents is a
    shame. I can fully appreciate your anger at Senator Kerry for the
    three he received. I mean, Kerry was a man of privilege, he could
    have gotten out just like you. Instead, he thinks he's going to gain
    points with the American people bragging about how he was getting shot
    at every day in the Mekong Delta. Ha! Is that the best he can do?
    Hell, I hear gunfire every night outside my apartment window! If he
    thinks he is going to impress anyone with the fact that he volunteered
    to go when he could have spent the Vietnam years on the family yacht,
    he should think again. That only shows how stupid he was! True-blue
    Americans want a president who knows how to pull strings and work the
    system and get away with doing as little work as possible!

    So, to make it up to you, I have written some new ads you can use on
    TV. People will soon tire of the Swift Boat Veterans and you are
    going to need some fresh, punchier material. Feel free to use any of
    these:

    ANNOUNCER: "When the bullets were flying all around him in Vietnam,
    what did John Kerry do? He said he leaned over the boat and 'pulled a
    man out of the river.' But, as we all know, men don't live in the
    river -- fish do. John Kerry knows how to tell a big fish tale. What
    he won't tell you is that when the enemy was shooting at him, he
    ducked. Do you want a president who will duck? Vote Bush."

    ANNOUNCER: "Mr. Kerry's biggest supporter, Sen. Max Cleland, claims to
    have lost two legs and an arm in Vietnam. But he still has one arm!
    How did that happen? One word: Cowardice. When duty called, he was
    unwilling to give his last limb. Is that the type of selfishness you
    want hanging out in the White House? We think not. Vote for the man
    who would be willing to give America his right frontal lobe. Vote
    Bush."

    Hope these help, Mr. Bush. And remember, when the American death toll
    in Iraq hits 1,000 during the Republican Convention, be sure to
    question whether those who died really did indeed "die" -- or were
    they just trying to get their faces on CNN's nightly tribute to fallen
    heroes? The 16 who've died so far this week were probably working hand
    in hand with the Kerry campaign to ruin your good time in New York.
    Stay consistent, sir, and always, ALWAYS question the veracity of
    anyone who risks their life for this country. It's the least they
    deserve.

    Yours,

    Michael Moore

    www.michaelmoore.com

    P.S. George, I know you said you don't read the newspaper, but USA
    Today has given me credentials to the Republican Convention to write a
    guest column each day next week (Tuesday to Friday). If you don't want
    to read it, you and I will be in the same building so maybe I could
    come by and read it to you?

    Lemme know ...
    666, Aug 28, 2004
  9. Gactimus

    Snit Guest

    "Gactimus" <> wrote in l on
    8/27/04 8:37 PM:

    > (666) wrote in
    >
    >> Gactimus <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    >>> Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    >>> his vision for the future.
    >>>
    >>> "I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
    >>> president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still
    >>> open. We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

    >> From salon.com:
    >>
    >> It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    >> vet
    >> An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    > Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
    > expect it to not be scrutinized?

    Just sad that so many people have to lie about his record... what, do they
    think he only earned 2 1/2 purple hearts?

    Face it - if the man did not earn his medals, that means the military hands
    out medals in cracker jack boxes. Is that what these not-so-swift vets for
    anything-but-truth expect us to believe?

    --
    "If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law."
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://smallurl.com/?i=15235)
    Snit, Aug 28, 2004
  10. in article %FOXc.19$, david raoul derbes at
    wrote on 8/27/04 3:34 PM:

    > In article <>,
    > Gactimus <> wrote:
    >> jps <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> In article <r2cqxyizdef6$>, says...

    >>> That's an excellent strategy for a Kerry win. Can't wait to see it.

    >> Kerry has already lost.

    > Says you. Of course, a hundred million voters might want to take matters
    > into their own hands. I say at least fifty million of 'em are going to
    > vote for Kerry.
    >
    > Sounds like a tossup at the moment. It won't end up that way, of course;
    > it's going to be a landslide for the Democrats.
    >
    > And why? Because Kerry is going to ask the classic Ronald Reagan question:
    > are you better off today than you were four years ago?
    >
    > Only about three million people in this country can truly answer "yes",
    > and they earn a million plus a year.

    I don't know about that, let's see...4 years ago... Right before Bush was
    elected...

    Oh yes, I remember...I was living in the heart of the tech industry in San
    Francisco. Venture capital had run dry. Clinton's justice department's
    pounding of MSFT resulted in a huge stock market crash with people over
    extended having to dump stocks to cover losses. Lots of companies going
    belly up and lay-offs all around. Gas prices shot up overnight to about
    where they are today. Some days Gray Davis allowed us to have electrical
    power, other days we pretended to be a 3rd world country. Meanwhile
    corporate CEOs were defrauding small investors and raiding pension funds.
    Terrorists were plotting the worst US attack in history. Our president was
    conducting a war that was against international law, and was bombing Iraq.
    North Korea was going nuclear. Reality programming was taking over the
    television networks. And Bill Clinton fed the right wing monster by not
    only getting caught having sexual relations with an intern, but lying to it
    under oath and to the American people.

    I was making a million plus a year during Clinton's administration, but it
    was on paper during the tech bubble. Now, I'm making a *good* income, and
    it's real money...oh, and I get to spend more of it myself.
    MR_ED_of_Course, Aug 28, 2004
  11. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    Snit <> wrote in

    > "Gactimus" <> wrote in l
    > on 8/27/04 8:37 PM:
    >
    >> (666) wrote in
    >>
    >>> Gactimus <> wrote in message

    >>> From salon.com:
    >>>
    >>> It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    >>> vet
    >>> An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    >> Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he
    >> really expect it to not be scrutinized?

    > Just sad that so many people have to lie about his record...

    How do you know they are?
    Gactimus, Aug 28, 2004
  12. In article <>,
    Gactimus <> wrote:

    > (666) wrote in
    >
    > > Gactimus <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention the
    > >> Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the president's record and
    > >> his vision for the future.
    > >>
    > >> "I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said the
    > >> president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose minds are still
    > >> open. We're going to target what you call your sentient beings."

    > > From salon.com:
    > >
    > > It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    > > vet
    > > An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    > Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
    > expect it to not be scrutinized?

    Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
    integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.
    But, we know you have no integrity.

    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    David Fritzinger, Aug 28, 2004
  13. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    David Fritzinger <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > Gactimus <> wrote:
    >
    >> (666) wrote in
    >>
    >>> Gactimus <> wrote in message

    >>> From salon.com:
    >>>
    >>> It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a wounded
    >>> vet
    >>> An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

    >> Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he
    >> really expect it to not be scrutinized?

    > Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
    > integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.

    Prove they lied.
    Gactimus, Aug 28, 2004
  14. In article <>,
    Gactimus <> wrote:

    > David Fritzinger <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Gactimus <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> (666) wrote in

    > >> Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he
    > >> really expect it to not be scrutinized?

    > > Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
    > > integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.

    > Prove they lied.

    It has been shown in this and other threads, you idiot. Hell, from the
    sound of it, you live in a fact-free zone.

    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    David Fritzinger, Aug 28, 2004
  15. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    David Fritzinger <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > Gactimus <> wrote:
    >
    >> David Fritzinger <> wrote in

    >> > Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit
    >> > of integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about
    >> > Kerry.

    >> Prove they lied.

    > It has been shown in this and other threads, you idiot.

    Your lack of evidence is noted.
    Gactimus, Aug 28, 2004
  16. Gactimus

    forge Guest

    In article <>,
    Gactimus <> wrote:

    > > Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit of
    > > integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about Kerry.

    > Prove they lied.

    For the twenty-ninth time. (eyeroll) Not playing your games any more
    Gacky.
    forge, Aug 28, 2004
  17. Gactimus

    Gactimus Guest

    forge <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > Gactimus <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Scrutinized, yes. Lied about and smeared? No. And if you had one bit
    >>> of integrity, you would denounce the SBVT group who have lied about
    >>> Kerry.

    >> Prove they lied.

    > For the twenty-ninth time. (eyeroll) Not playing your games any more
    > Gacky.

    Your admission of defeat is noted and accepted.
    Gactimus, Aug 28, 2004
  18. Gactimus

    jps Guest

    In article <BD555FC7.ADE0%>,
    says...

    > I was making a million plus a year during Clinton's administration, but it
    > was on paper during the tech bubble. Now, I'm making a *good* income, and
    > it's real money...oh, and I get to spend more of it myself.

    Oh, you got $600 more in income than you would have and you're paying
    through the nose on local taxes and services are stretched to the hilt.

    And, your progeny will be responsible for a shitload of debt and debt
    service.

    Good luck collecting on any of the SS you're paying in.

    jps
    jps, Aug 28, 2004
  19. Gactimus

    forge Guest

    In article <>,
    Gactimus <> wrote:

    > >> Prove they lied.

    > > For the twenty-ninth time. (eyeroll) Not playing your games any more
    > > Gacky.

    > Your admission of defeat is noted and accepted.

    Sorry Gacky, this is a debate, not any other sort of competition. Me
    giving up providing proof for you to heap disrespect on and summarily
    ignore does not mean there has been any victory or defeat. Try again.
    forge, Aug 28, 2004
  20. Gactimus

    Phlip Guest

    Phlip, Aug 28, 2004