Buttons do postback but events are not triggered?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Morten Wennevik, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. Hi

    I have a web page that contains a button doing some simple code. On the
    development machine this works as expected, but on the client machine, the
    button triggers a postback, but the events are never triggered.

    Someone in my office claimed to have heard of this happening, but could
    not tell how to fix it.

    The program is a VB.Net 1.1 web application, with the button created
    WithEvents and the eventhandler method with Handles MyButton.Click.

    I haven't tested anything other than buttons, but all buttons I add to the
    page will not fire the event, merely do a postback without entering the
    event code.

    What confuses me even more is that I have two web pages using the exact
    same code for the buttons, but only one of these works on the client
    machine, while both work on the develpment machine.

    Have anyone heard of this happening? And/Or possible know a solution?

    Best regards
    Morten
    Morten Wennevik, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Morten,
    Show group the code for the three pages.

    Thanks
    DWS

    =?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=, Mar 10, 2006

  3. I believe the code in this case is irrelevant, as it is not the code per se that is failing. And in any case I can't show it. Nor can I reproduce a similar case outside that server.

    Morten Wennevik, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Morten Wennevik wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a web page that contains a button doing some simple code. On
    > the development machine this works as expected, but on the client
    > machine, the button triggers a postback, but the events are never
    > triggered.
    >
    > Someone in my office claimed to have heard of this happening, but
    > could not tell how to fix it.
    >
    > The program is a VB.Net 1.1 web application, with the button created
    > WithEvents and the eventhandler method with Handles MyButton.Click.
    >
    > I haven't tested anything other than buttons, but all buttons I add
    > to the page will not fire the event, merely do a postback without
    > entering the event code.
    >
    > What confuses me even more is that I have two web pages using the
    > exact same code for the buttons, but only one of these works on the
    > client machine, while both work on the develpment machine.
    >
    > Have anyone heard of this happening? And/Or possible know a solution?

    Maybe this is needed ...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...gistrationToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp?frame=true

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 10, 2006
  5. Hi Morten,

    We found if framework version in developing computers is different from one
    in server, e.g. SP1 was installed in developing computers, but not in server,
    that caused some problems.

    Hope this gives you some hint.

    Elton Wang

    =?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=, Mar 10, 2006