C# and VB in ASP.NET

Leslie

Hello

We have a C# ASP.NET project, however some of my new developers are VB.NET
users. Can we write both C# and VB.NET languages in one ASP.NET project?

Thanks,

Leslie

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Leslie,

My name is Allen Chen. It's my pleasure to work with you on this issue.

To achieve the requirement I think you can either:

Let your VB.NET developers create class libraries and add the assemblies as
the references of your C# project.

Or:

If you're using ASP.NET Web Site you can try:

1. Create two folders in the App_Code folder. Name them as "cscode" and
"vbcode".

2. Add the VB.NET class file and C# class file into the respective folders.

3. Add the following tag in the Web.config file:

<compilation>
<codeSubDirectories>
<add directoryName="vbcode" />
<add directoryName="cscode" />
</codeSubDirectories>
</compilation>

Please have a try and let me know if it works. If you have further
questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

(e-mail address removed).

Göran Andersson

Leslie said:
Hello

We have a C# ASP.NET project, however some of my new developers are
VB.NET users. Can we write both C# and VB.NET languages in one ASP.NET
project?

Thanks,

Leslie

Yes, you can mix C# and VB pages in a web site project, but not in a web
application project.