    calls,etc)

    I felt that if we use same linker,we can do this.
    Any inputs on this issue?

    Bhan, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Bhan

    benben Guest

    > C++ Libraries generated in windows Can be reused in Linux?(Lets assume
    > that libs are not having any machine dependent features like os
    > calls,etc)

    I am pretty sure you CAN have a compiler running on Windows that generates
    code that could run on Linux or any other platforms.

    > I felt that if we use same linker,we can do this.
    > Any inputs on this issue?

    Building a binary image that can run on multiple platforms is another matter
    (a much more challenging one I'd assume). What most folks do is to keep
    portability at source code level and compile different versions of library
    for different platforms.

    Ben

    benben, Oct 5, 2005