C++ N00B seeks guidance

ducky

Hi all,

The only programming experience i have under my belt so far is VB. I'm
just starting out on C++ and wonder if anybody suggests and good (free)
starting points for me to get going. I'm wondering about tutorials,
source code, etc... Stuff that will take me from absolute square 1.

Also, which compilers would be suggested? i have the bloodshed one and
microsoft's visual studio express version as well. Are there any
others that are worth using? User friendly (as far as programming
goes)? Any info to get me pointed in the right direction would be
appreciated. Thanks!

AR

Christopher Benson-Manica

ducky said:
The only programming experience i have under my belt so far is VB. I'm
just starting out on C++ and wonder if anybody suggests and good (free)
starting points for me to get going. I'm wondering about tutorials,
source code, etc... Stuff that will take me from absolute square 1.

The FAQ for this newsgroup is a good place to explore:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Moonlit

Hi,

http://www.cplusplus.com/

http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl

http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq2.html

http://cpphacker.co.uk/wakecc_csc234.html

Yes, visual studio is pretty good and for linux/unix of course the gnu g++
compiler.

Regards, Ron AF Greve

--

Regards, Ron AF Greve