    BTW, our product download files are around 300 Megs so it must stay as FTP.

    Thank you
    Maz.

    Maziar Aflatoun, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Well, you could always build an HTML front end for the FTP client, which
    would run on the back end.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 3, 2005

  3. But, our files are so big and if I was to do that would it give me a page
    timeout? Do you have a sample code?

    Thank you
    Maz.

    Maziar Aflatoun, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Yes, you might indeed get a page timeout. What you might do is have the page
    start the FTP process and return to the client. Then it can refresh itself
    periodically to chack on the server for the finish.

    No, I'm afraid I don't have sample code. Although I've written an FTP client
    service before, it was just that - a service, which runs in the background
    of the OS. It wasn't in any way an ASP.Net app.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 3, 2005
  5. I haven't thought through this idea very much at all and will be surprised if
    it works but what about a server.transfer to that url? You'll probably have
    to change the response headers to get this to work.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=, Mar 3, 2005