C Object System

Richard Heathfield

Richard Tobin said:
Though I of course agree that C90 is still the dominant standard, I
can't help feeling that your argument is inconsistent with your usual
position.

I disagree. Naturally. :)
If this group is dedicated to the discussion of standard
C, and the current C standard itself declares that C90 is obsolete
and "cancelled", surely the group should comply.

My understanding of comp.lang.c's topicality convention is that it is
"once topical, always topical" - which is why K&R C remains topical
here, and why C90 will still be topical even when C99 does become the
de facto standard (long after we are gone, I would guess). I have never
sought to change clc's topicality rules. I merely observe them (pretty
much). I know some people like to paint me as "topic cop", but actually
I'm relatively relaxed about topicality compared to some here.