    C) B) if it is open source?

    Yours
    Peter.

    Peter Sommerlad, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Peter Sommerlad

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT, links] C++ Server Framework: Interest and Market potential

    Peter Sommerlad <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > just a few questions:
    > A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
    > that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
    > B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
    > C) B) if it is open source?

    Just one question? Is your search engine broken?

    Typing in "Web Server C++" into google.com gives
    many promising hits, e.g.:
    http://httpd.apache.org/

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Peter Sommerlad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > just a few questions:
    > A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
    > that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
    > B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
    > C) B) if it is open source?
    >
    > Yours
    > Peter.

    ACE
    CommonC++

    probably others ....

    Gianni Mariani, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Well,
    I seemed to have asked the question wrong.

    Gianni Mariani wrote:

    > Peter Sommerlad wrote:
    >> just a few questions:
    >> A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
    >> that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
    >> B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
    >> C) B) if it is open source?

    > ACE
    > CommonC++

    I am well aware of both frameworks. However, they seem to be quite low
    level, compared to what I am thinking of. I was asking for something that
    has what they've got, plus also higher level abstractions, e.g.

    - a (HTTP) request handling engine
    - abstractions for requests, users, user roles, navigation maps, sessions
    - abstractions for pages, rendering, data access layers
    - built-in multi-threading (multi-)server abstraction with leader-follower
    - configurability (aka "no C++ programming necessary")

    better question? (I am ill, may be that hinders my brain from asking well)
    --
    Peter.

    Peter Sommerlad, Jul 2, 2003