C:\Windows\Temp CS2001

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by I.Katzav, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. I.Katzav

    I.Katzav Guest

    hello all

    I have a web service in .net 2.0 that I consume using windows application, I
    get all sort of exception as access denied to Microsoft.net temporary asp
    folder, and the Windows temp folder, now I use a very simple service with
    windows authentication mode, and nothing else important, not even a database.

    The service contains adll but I do not think this is the issue.

    Now I saw a lot of post and discovered that microsoft do not allow the
    Network Service account to have write permission to those folders, now when I
    give the account the permission it works but the next days the permissions
    are being deleted automatically, and I need to do it all over again.

    I need a valid and permananet solution, Please if you may:
    1. If the solution is impersonation can you give me a link to an example.
    2. Try to keep in mind that this service is deployed to multiple clients
    and maybe the solution you offer will not be accepted by the client network
    administrator.

    Last thing, If I write a. aspx file to consume the service it works fine.

    Here are the exception details

    Application_ThreadException Error Message: Server was unable to process
    request. ---> Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wctb8vqw.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

    Stack Trace:
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at PowerJobsDll.PowerJobsPortalServices.IndexerService.Search(String[][]
    termsArr, String indexFolder)
    at
    PowerJobsDll.Windows_Components.Controls.Word_Index.Controls.Word_Search_Properties_UC.btnSearchUsingTheTerms_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e,
    ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e,
    ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
    button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
    IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

    I.Katzav, Jun 6, 2006