call Ruby file from HTML

Yousef Jawwad

hi everybody

is there a possible to call Ruby file from HTML file , and how I can do
that.

thanks in Advance

Stefan Peters

What do you mean? Embedding ruby code in HTML like Javascript? That is
not possible. Or do you mean something else?

7

7stud --

Yousef said:
hi everybody

is there a possible to call Ruby file from HTML file , and how I can do
that.

thanks in Advance

Situations:

1) html file + ruby file on the server, and you want the request for the
html file to trigger the execution of the ruby file

2) The html file is displayed in the client browser, and you want some
action by the user to trigger the execution of a ruby file on the server

3) The html file is displayed in the client browser, and you want some
action by the user to trigger the execution of a ruby file located on
the client's computer.

You can do 1) with ruby, you can do 2) with javascript, but I don't
think you can do 3) with anything.