calling a clients local COM object

Adrian

Hi
all of the PC that will have access to the ASPX page have a COM object
installed and using Codebehind I add a COM reference to it and I can call
it like this:

View.ViewSrv vs = new View.ViewSrv();

vs.Refresh();

TextBody.Text = vs.GetView();

My Problem is that the codeBehind runs on the server so when I try it on a
PC from a local IIS server I get an error as it cannot find the reference to
View. So I need a way of connecting to the PCs local COM object and passing
the results back to the Codebehind.

I can access the COM object from VBScript or JavaScript but my CodeBehind is
C#

So how do you mix VBS and C# or can the code in the page be C#

And how do you pass the information to say a textbox that is being used by
the codebehind!

sorry as you can guess I'm new to ASPX!!!

Adrian

great thanks Eliyahu

Eliyahu Goldin said:
You need to access the object from javascript and organize a sort of
interace between the server and client side code. This may help you:

How to Pass Messages and Actions between Server and Client
http://usableasp.net/DeveloperPage....o/HowToPassMessagesBetweenServerAndClient.htm

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant