    Thank you
    Maz.
    , Feb 8, 2007

  2. WishMaster Guest

    On Feb 8, 12:45 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a web application that doesn't use SSL at all. We need to
    > integrate it with another third party web application which only
    > offers secure web services. How can I connect to a web service that is
    > https? Is it sufficient in VS 2005 to just create a reference to the
    > web service like any other web service? (https:// instead of http://)
    >
    > Thank you
    > Maz.

    Well, I would suggest give a try and see what sort of result you are
    getting. There are some other elements in it and it also depends how
    the Web Service is setup on the server like .Net 1.1 cannot support
    SSL 2.0 and only support 3.0. It depends in ur case.

    Just in case here are two URLs, which will go through you step by step
    how to configure and use web serivce, which uses HTTPS in diffrent
    cercumstances.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q307267

    Again give a try and then let me know if you have any problem. In our
    case it works fine.

    Cheers,
    Amer
    WishMaster, Feb 9, 2007