Use https in VC++

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by deepaubdt, Apr 2, 2012.

  1. deepaubdt

    deepaubdt

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    I have been trying to connect .net web service(IIS) using https in VC++.
    I have tried to use CSoapSocketClientT by adding "Add web reference..." to the project and found that the AtlHttpClient support only HTTP.

    And also I have tried to intergrate the sample code available in
    "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s2ya483s(v=vs.80).aspx"

    Could not successed as getting error in creating the instance for web service as

    Services::CServices srv;

    error in compile is,
    "error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'"

    Please help me resolve this error or sample project for https client to connect IIS web server in VC++.

    Thanks,
    Deepa

    deepaubdt, Apr 2, 2012

  2. deepaubdt

    deepaubdt

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had tried in wrong way to create a instance

    As per the below link,in sproxy.exe generated header file need to place "CSoapWininetClient" while creating instance.

    http://flylib.com/books/en/1.572.1.153/1/

    the sproxy.exe-generated header contains a specialization of the preceding template:

    typedef CMyServiceT<CSoapSocketClientT<> > CMyService;

    Most applications use CMyService as a proxy class ‚ÄĚthat is, the specialization based on the CSoapSocketClientT HTTP client, the lightweight SOAP HTTP client that comes with ATL Server. However, you can use different HTTP stacks by passing different template parameters when instantiating the SOAP proxy. Two such alternate HTTP stacks, based on the WinINet and ServerXMLHTTP libraries, are available in ATL Server. They are CSoapWininetClient (using WinINet) and CSoapMSXMLInetClient (using ServerXMLHTTP, which comes with MSXML 3.0 or higher). To use these classes, you ll have to change the typical client code, which looks like this:

    CMyService soapProxy; and make it look like this:

    CMyServiceT<CSoapWininetClient> soapProxy;

    deepaubdt, Apr 3, 2012