    help.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
    Jason Nix

    Jason Nix, Jan 14, 2004

  2. "Jason Nix" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have created an Active Server Component (ASC) as a bridge between ASP

    and
    > my existing C++ DLLs that we use in our PC-based program. Our intent is

    > re-use as much code as possible. But, when I call the ASC from ASP, and
    > then call the DLL, the security profile that is specified in IIS is no
    > longer associated with the process, and therefore, any "network-related"
    > calls fail due to insufficient privileges. I don't know if there is
    > "another" way to call the DLL from the ASC or not, or any way to
    > specifically load a DLL with a certain security profile, but I need some
    > help.

    What is an ASC? You mean that you created a script component (WSC) that
    'supports' more or less, asp? If so, you must understand that depending on
    your isolation settings, your component is executed under IWAM_ or IUSR_...
    If you place that component within COM+, it surely will loose the ASp
    context (except if you start passing it manually using GetObjectContext, but
    this is awfull programming)

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jan 15, 2004