    authenticate a user with LogonUser against a remote domain?
    --
    Jeremy A. Marut

    Jeremy A. Marut, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Jeremy A. Marut

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello Jeremy,

    The domain user account specified in LogonUser() should be in a domain that
    is trusted by the workstation resource domain. e.g. If a workstation is a
    member of Domain A, and if Domain A trusts Domain B, then Domain B users
    are valid users in Domain A. If Domain A does not trust domain B,
    LogonUser() API will fail with 1326 - unknown user name or bad password
    (ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE) for non-trusted domain users.

    Hope this help,

    Luke

    [MSFT], Dec 20, 2005