calling web service per SSL .p12 file

Sam Steiner via .NET 247

Hi,

I'm writing a VB.NET application using web services and now needto switch the call to one of the web services to SSLconnection.

I'm new to SSL and have read about the basics and about doingsomething with a .cer file. But i recieved a .p12 file (not asexpected a .cer file). do i have to change my applications codeto switch to SSL (other than changing the web reference fromhttp to https)?

Maybe a really dummy question :-/
Thanx for any help

Sam