    Thanks a lot,
    Borracho

    , May 23, 2008

  2. On May 23, 2:15 am, wrote:
    > I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
    > product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?

    What is a HTML project? Website? web Application?

    > I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
    > if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
    > the HTML code.

    Virtually anything your mind can imagine for a computer monitor can be
    achieved with the tools out there. If you are limiting yourself to
    HTML, then the answer is no. If you want to take other technologies
    into play, then yes.

    Travis Newbury, May 23, 2008

  3. viza Guest

    On May 23, 7:15 am, wrote:
    > I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
    > product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?
    >
    > I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
    > if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
    > the HTML code.

    You can write a user interface entirely in html, but there is no
    guarantee that it will be graphical.

    Consider the little NAT boxes (home routers) that people use to share
    an internet connection. They often have a user interface which is web
    based, but if the user chooses to use a text mode browser to use it
    then that is beyond the developers' control.

    You will of course need to write a web server, or at least a CGI
    application to interface it to your program. The easiest way to do
    that would be in php, which is OT here.

    HTH
    viza

    viza, May 23, 2008

    On May 22, 11:15 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
    > product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?
    >
    > I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
    > if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
    > the HTML code.
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Borracho

    Thank you all for your replies,

    The application is a web tool that has a standalone and a web browser
    version. The intention is not to use Javascript but to keep all the
    code in HTML. I am not familiar with CSS but might be a valid
    alternative to explore. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would
    love to hear them.

    Borracho

    , May 25, 2008