Can I rotate the DataGrid?

Guest

Since there are too many data fields (clolumns) to display, it is better for
me to rotate the datagrid by 90 degrees (ie, the columns become rows in web
display).
Anyone here can tell me how to do it, in either design or codebehind.

Thanks

David

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

The datagrid is nothing but html - to turn the data around you would have
to work out how to re-write the html table tags to suit your values and
probably not bind to the data, instead manually building the tables for your
grid and picking out what goes where.

If it was me, I would consider the human factor problem of having this much
data in a web page and redesign the view so its less cumbersome.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Guest

Thank you very much.
How about the paging when I manually construct the data table?

David

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

if you can manually construct a dataset that has the data correctly
organised so you dont have to hack the table together, then you can bind it
and should be able to page as normal - otherwise - stick the dataset in the
cache and filter on it.