    System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child request for /SessionBridgeTest/Default.asp.

    Is it possible at all to do so, or am I just doing something wrong?

    Simon

    simon, Jun 17, 2005

  2. simon

    Justin Rich Guest

    did you try a response.redirect...
    there is a difference between the two, which is fairly important, and sadly
    i cant recall exactly how that goes. but it has to do with transfering data
    (server.TRANSFER) so i would assume its trying to hand off the session state
    to the asp page which cant handle it. a response.redirect just dumps the
    data and goes to the new page which i think is your only option.

    justin

    Justin Rich, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Thats true justin
    ASPX and ASP can't share sessions.
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Jun 17, 2005
  4. simon

    Hans Kesting Guest

    simon wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Right now, when i call :
    >
    > Server.Transfer( "default.asp" );
    >
    > I get
    >
    > System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child request for
    > /SessionBridgeTest/Default.asp.
    > Is it possible at all to do so, or am I just doing something wrong?
    >
    > Simon

    Server.Transfer operates within the asp.net system, so it can't transfer to
    an "old" asp file.

    Response.Redirect sends a message back to the browser to "go elsewhere".
    The "elsewhere" can be anything (even on another server), it's a completely new request.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 17, 2005
  5. No, they are different applications so that won't work.
    You might try Response.Redirect instead.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 17, 2005