Can someone recommend a good website hosting provider?

linuxquestion

Hello,
Can someone recommend a good website hosting provider?

I'm disappointed with my current website host, and would like
to change providers.

They need to have good customer service. And at least two
physical servers. In case the main one goes down, they can
just flick the switch, and bring up the second one, with
minimal interruption in service. And good
prices of course.

Thanks a lot!

Roedy Green

Can someone recommend a good website hosting provider?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ispvendors.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Here is a point of no return after which warming becomes unstoppable
and we are probably going to sail right through it.
It is the point at which anthropogenic (human-caused) warming triggers
huge releases of carbon dioxide from warming oceans, or similar releases
of both carbon dioxide and methane from melting permafrost, or both.
Most climate scientists think that point lies not far beyond 2°C (4°F) C hotter."
~ Gwynne Dyer

linuxquestion

Sorry, I kid you not.

My provider was down for an entire weekend,
and they had to recover their single server!!
And I seem to remember that this was more than once!!!
They sent emails with their server name as if I
knew their architecture.

The same company, that is in fact, on your list.

Dave Miller

Sorry, I kid you not.

My provider was down for an entire weekend,
and they had to recover their single server!!
And I seem to remember that this was more than once!!!
They sent emails with their server name as if I
knew their architecture.

The same company, that is in fact, on your list.
Actually not my list - it's that of a regular named Roedy Green.

I agree that "down for a weekend" is beyond unacceptable. However, down
time isn't generally solved by mirroring servers and mirroring cannot be
the solution for inexpensive hosting companies. If someone other than
a high end provider is telling you that they are providing real time
mirroring they're either lying or they're losing money on each account.

What's important at the lower and middle tiers is that the host backsup
daily (restore being the usual way to recover from a catastrophic
failure) and that they know how to manage their servers. Your last
provider either didn't know how to manage or they didn't care to.