Cannot acces my web page onwindows 2003 server.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jensen Bredal, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Hello,
    I'm doing localhost developpement on a win2k3 server .
    When i lunch the default page i get the following.
    How do i resolve it?

    many thanks in advance

    Server Error in '/MultiTest' Application.
    ----

    Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
    Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
    IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
    choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
    appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
    boxes for the desired access.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path)
    +632
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext
    context)

    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContex
    t context)

    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(Http
    Context context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile)
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation()
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +148
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
    inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser)
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context)
    +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573

    Jensen Bredal, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Jensen Bredal

    Deepak Guest

    Windows 2003 is more strict with permissions. You will explicity have to
    grant permissions to the ASPNET account on your application's root folder.

    --
    Regards,

    Deepak
    [I Code, therefore I am]

    Deepak, Nov 24, 2004

  3. > ----
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

    ASP.NET
    > Version:1.1.4322.573

    I have done what is described on the error page with no
    help.

    Thanks
    JB

    Jensen Bredal, Nov 24, 2004
  4. > grant permissions to the ASPNET account on your application's root folder.

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Deepak

    I have done exactly that, but it did not help.

    Jensen Bredal, Nov 25, 2004