Cannot initialize the data source for linked server

Stephane

Hi,

I have this error when I run a stored procedure calling a linked server :

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot initialize the data source object
of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerABC"

The problem is that when I run the exact stored proc in SQL Server in the
query editor it works well.

So why ASP.Net on the same server can't execute this stored proc?

Any idea?

Thanks

Stephane

Jeff Dillon

Stephane said:
Hi,

I have this error when I run a stored procedure calling a linked server :

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot initialize the data source
object
of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerABC"

The problem is that when I run the exact stored proc in SQL Server in the
query editor it works well.

So why ASP.Net on the same server can't execute this stored proc?

Any idea?

Thanks

Stephane

When using the SQL query editor, I assume you're using SQL authentication
(username/password) to log in? This scenario will most likely not work with
Windows Authentication. I suspect it's a permissions issue.

Jeff