cannot start IDLE in WinXP

imx

Hi,

Enviroment: WinXP sp2, python 2.5
problem: click IDLE using shorcut menu or run phthonw.exe directly,
nothing happen! But running python.exe from the command line is fine.

I searched this issue on the net and this forum and tried some
suggestions but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Xiong

Gabriel Genellina

Enviroment: WinXP sp2, python 2.5
problem: click IDLE using shorcut menu or run phthonw.exe directly,
nothing happen! But running python.exe from the command line is fine.

pythonw.exe does not open a window so it's almost invisible.
IDLE now uses a socket to connect to the subprocess which runs the python
code; perhaps your firewall is blocking that connection. Try starting IDLE
with the -n switch.

imx

pythonw.exe does not open a window so it's almost invisible.
IDLE now uses a socket to connect to the subprocess which runs the python
code; perhaps your firewall is blocking that connection. Try starting IDLE
with the -n switch.

Thanks for reply, I've already reinstall xp and now IDLE is ok.

-Xiong