Cannot Update Error

Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.

Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2 where
full details of that item are displayed.

Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
is read-only.

I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before successfully.

Any idea?

Mike Brind

K said:
Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.

Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2 where
full details of that item are displayed.

Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
is read-only.

I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before successfully.

Any idea?

It might help if you provided the relevant code. Otherwise all anyone
can do is guess.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

K said:
Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.

Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2
where full details of that item are displayed.

Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or
object is read-only.

I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before
successfully.
Any idea?

Usually filesystem permissions problems. See
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.
Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2
where full details of that item are displayed.

Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or
object is read-only.

I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before
successfully.
Any idea?

Usually filesystem permissions problems. See
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Thanks

It was permissions. The IUSR account didn't have write permission to the
folder the DB was in.