    is read-only.

    I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before successfully.

    Any idea?
    K, Jul 27, 2006

  2. K

    Mike Brind Guest

    K wrote:
    > Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.
    >
    > Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2 where
    > full details of that item are displayed.
    >
    > Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
    > is read-only.
    >
    > I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before successfully.
    >
    > Any idea?

    It might help if you provided the relevant code. Otherwise all anyone
    can do is guess.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jul 27, 2006

  3. K wrote:
    > Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.
    >
    > Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2
    > where full details of that item are displayed.
    >
    > Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or
    > object is read-only.
    >
    > I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before
    > successfully.
    > Any idea?

    Usually filesystem permissions problems. See
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 27, 2006
  4. K

    K Guest

    >> Having some peoblems with a small ASP app.
    >>
    >> Page 1 displays a list of items. Click an item and move to page 2
    >> where full details of that item are displayed.
    >>
    >> Page 1 works fine, but page 2 always displays the following error:
    >>
    >> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    >> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or
    >> object is read-only.
    >>
    >> I can't see anything wrong in the code I haven't used before
    >> successfully.
    >> Any idea?

    > Usually filesystem permissions problems. See
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    Thanks

    It was permissions. The IUSR account didn't have write permission to the
    folder the DB was in.
    K, Jul 28, 2006