Can't "Copy Project" to my Web host

Don Wash

Hi There!

I'm using "Copy Project" function of VS.NET to upload my ASP.NET application
to my web server (not my own web server) and they have Front Page Server
Extensions installed as well. However, when I run the "Copy Project"
function, I get this error....

Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1'. Object Not Found

Anybody can help me figure out the problem please?

Thanks all in advance!

Don

Don Wash

anybody please....

Don

Don Wash said:
Hi There!

I'm using "Copy Project" function of VS.NET to upload my ASP.NET application
to my web server (not my own web server) and they have Front Page Server
Extensions installed as well. However, when I run the "Copy Project"
function, I get this error....

Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1'. Object Not Found

Anybody can help me figure out the problem please?

Thanks all in advance!

Don

Saber

You must install/enable Frontpage Extension at yout server.

--
Saber S.
http://maghalat.com (Persian)
Don Wash said:
Hi There!

I'm using "Copy Project" function of VS.NET to upload my ASP.NET
application
to my web server (not my own web server) and they have Front Page Server
Extensions installed as well. However, when I run the "Copy Project"
function, I get this error....

Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1'. Object Not Found

Anybody can help me figure out the problem please?

Thanks all in advance!

Don

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Don,

If you can't get it to work, just copy the files manually using FTP.

You need to copy the .dll in the /bin folder, the .aspx files, and the
images.

Ken

Don Wash said:
anybody please....

Don

Don Wash said:
Hi There!

I'm using "Copy Project" function of VS.NET to upload my ASP.NET application
to my web server (not my own web server) and they have Front Page Server
Extensions installed as well. However, when I run the "Copy Project"
function, I get this error....

Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1'. Object Not Found

Anybody can help me figure out the problem please?

Thanks all in advance!

Don

Rocky Moore

You might also make sure that the server is running the same version of
..NET. Recently, I was trying to copy a project from vs.net 2003 to a server
that had .NET 1.0 and it would not create the project. Once the server was
set to .NET 1.1 everything was fine.

--
Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com / Share your tips - Earn rewards