Copy Project

Paul Smith

I am new to using VB.net and am learning through a book, and it does not
cover this well enough!!!!

I have created a basic asp.net web page and can view this when my project is
located on my local machine using my local IIS.

I now want to upload or copy this to a remote server. I am using Copy
Project but cannot seem to get it right.

When using frontPage as the web access method, I get the message below:

"Unable to create Web project 'ABC'. Not Found"

In the destination project folder I was using -
"http://www.cricketersdarts.co.uk/ABC/"

What am I doing wrong? I have tried when ABC does and does not exists and
always an error.

I have no idea how to use the File share alternative method because I cannot
find anything that come close to working in the path field. I do not have a
share I can enter which describes the remote location.

Help anyone please.

Guest

You have to have permissions to create the virtual folder on the remote IIS
box. Once you have that ironed out, you can use Copy Project to create and
copy.

If you cannot get those permissions, have the virtual folder or website
created for you and then try to upload. If FrontPage extensions are off, you
may have to map to the location.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA