    exception in the subject: any idea? A simple ASP page that makes the
    same, on the server works fine too..
    Thanks

    Michele Perrotta, Oct 29, 2007

  2. "Michele Perrotta" <> wrote in message

    > Hi, my asp.net application simply does this:
    > Dim xlApp As Object
    > ..
    > Try
    > xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
    > and works fine on my workstation with Office XP.
    > When I deploy it on the customer server(with office 2000) it gives the
    > exception in the subject: any idea? A simple ASP page that makes the
    > same, on the server works fine too..

    Server-side Office automation is not recommended, or supported, by Microsoft
    because it is risky, unsafe and not designed to be run in this environment:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Use this instead: http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Default.aspx

    --
    Mark Rae