Can't get VS2003 to recognize OpenType Font

Charlie Peppler

I've just installed a new OpenType font
(http://www.typography.net/type/bliss.htm) on a WindowsXP Pro
box. The font is useable in Office 2003 apps, no problem.

However, when I open up VS2003, and create a form, with a
text box in it, and try to set the font, the new font does
not appear in the font list.

How can I get VS2003 to recognize my new OpenType font?

TIA,

Charlie Peppler

Charlie Peppler

Jay said:
I'm not too sure if the font you are trying to work with is a web safe font,
which may be some of your issue. Please visit the W3C Generic font families
specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/fonts.html#generic-font-families

Cheers!
Jay
Hi Jay,

I can understand if this was only for a web-app (assume a Web Project
in VS). However, I have the same problem when I do a basic Forms
application as well. I would assume that should be allowed if
the app is not web based.

Charlie Peppler

Kevin Spencer

It should also be noted that the font won't appear in the web unless the
client has the font installed on their system. Only font information is
included in HTML. Fonts are the responsibility of the Operating System to
provide. That is why there are recommendations for fonts. Some fonts are
common to almost all computers. Most are not.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP