Can't login to Rubyforge, just says "cookies must be enabled"

Alex Fenton

Farrel said:
I've managed to solve the problem! It was an issue with Telkom's
transparent proxying. I managed to find a list of alternate Telkom
SAIX proxies at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dewet/SAIX_proxies
and one of them worked! For other SA users who can't log in to
Rubyforge check out that page and find one that works for you.

Anyone else in the UK on NTL/Virgin Media having this problem as of the last week or two? - and any suggestions for a fix?

thanks
alex

Clifford Heath

Greg said:
For what it's worth, I can't log in to Rubyforge either.
I've tried using Safari and Firefox but I keep getting redirected back
to the login page.

I had the same problem here, but if you entered the right password,
you have the login cookie and are in fact logged in. It's just that
the page didn't direct you back where you wanted to be. If you enter
the RubyForge URL again, you'll find that you are already logged in.

Clifford Heath.

Alex Fenton

Clifford said:
I had the same problem here, but if you entered the right password,
you have the login cookie and are in fact logged in. It's just that
the page didn't direct you back where you wanted to be. If you enter
the RubyForge URL again, you'll find that you are already logged in.

With a bit more poking, that's not quite what's happening for me (on NTL UK, which uses transparent proxies).

When I login, the session cookie is set correctly, but then immediately after, rubyforge sends a 'deleted' cookie to expire the login. If I accept the first cookie but reject the subsequent ones I can wriggle by, but it's obviously not right.

I've tried explicitly setting my proxy to one only of the five possible ones, but thsi doesn't help. I've also confirmed that the proxies are setting the X-Forwarded-For http header to my IP address, so there should be a unique IP to latch onto.

I'm stumped and would appreciate any help - especially b/c we're currently trying to put out a new release of wxruby....

cheers
alex