Cant run ASP.NET Quickstart tutorial

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by t322y, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. t322y

    t322y Guest

    Hi All
    I installed Microsoft.Net Framework Version:1.0.3705.209 (included ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.0) in my Win 2000 SP3 3 weeks ago. It worked well all until
    i installed a free softwore GoMono. I can't run asp.net quickstart tutorial.
    it kept asking some file like Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL and
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.EXE. i tried to find the files manually and i found
    them in GoMono directory. i copied the files to Micrososft.NET directory
    (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705) but it didn't solve the
    problem. Here is the error message :

    Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.
    ----

    The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic'
    does not match the assembly reference.

    Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's
    manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the
    assembly reference.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
    'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the assembly reference.]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
    Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
    throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +0
    System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean
    stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +300
    System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef) +22
    System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtable(Assembly a) +70
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +404
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType() +60
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() +125

    [HttpException (0x80004005): The located assembly's manifest definition with
    name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the assembly reference.]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +827
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +120
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(String virtualPath,
    String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String url, String path) +14
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +174
    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +77
    completedSynchronously) +173

    ----
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.0

    i have tried to fix it with dotnetfx.exe, even installed and uninstalled the
    Microsoft.NET two times but the error still appeared. please help me to
    solve this problem. sorry for my bad english.

    best regards

    Satria F
    t322y, Jun 26, 2003

  2. t322y

    fadi Guest

    try running the following:

    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\[version number]\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    if that does not work, then not sure.

    "t322y" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > I installed Microsoft.Net Framework Version:1.0.3705.209 (included ASP.NET
    > Version:1.0.3705.0) in my Win 2000 SP3 3 weeks ago. It worked well all

    until
    > i installed a free softwore GoMono. I can't run asp.net quickstart

    tutorial.
    > it kept asking some file like Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL and
    > Microsoft.VisualBasic.EXE. i tried to find the files manually and i found
    > them in GoMono directory. i copied the files to Micrososft.NET directory
    > (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705) but it didn't solve the
    > problem. Here is the error message :
    >

    > Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > The located assembly's manifest definition with name

    'Microsoft.VisualBasic'
    > does not match the assembly reference.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's
    > manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the
    > assembly reference.
    >
    > Source Error:

    web
    > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception

    can

    fadi, Jun 26, 2003