Capturing Logged In User

GoGoRichie

Does anyone know away i can pull the logged in user name from a
computer for a web form?

this is what i did to pull from the cookie when user log into my site
but now i want to get request from non site users but capture non
logged in users ids too.
~ <input type="text" name="EmailID" maxlength="10" size="10"
Value="<%=Request.Cookies("NPSC")("UserName")%>"
~

Anthony Jones

GoGoRichie said:
Does anyone know away i can pull the logged in user name from a
computer for a web form?

this is what i did to pull from the cookie when user log into my site
but now i want to get request from non site users but capture non
logged in users ids too.
~ <input type="text" name="EmailID" maxlength="10" size="10"
Value="<%=Request.Cookies("NPSC")("UserName")%>"
~

How does a non-logged in user have an ID? Unless your talking about the
user name they have used to loggon to their computer. If that is so then
you can only aquire that if

1) their browser is set to automatically send their current credentials when
an authentication is required to your web server.
2) your IIS server can authenticate their credentials.

You can then use the AUTH_USER server variable to access the domain and user
name of the user.

Otherwise it can't be done.