    information in cookies and the user prints their order. That's it. Where can
    I find such information?

    thanks
    shank, Jul 26, 2004

  2. A cookie is just a text file. There are no columns, and there is no such
    concept as "change the quantity"... if you change the data, you re-write the
    cookie...

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "shank" <> wrote in message
    > I need to build my own simple cart that writes to cookies only. I can

    write

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 26, 2004

  3. shank

    shank Guest

    How about a tutorial on writing rows of data to cookies?
    I understand writing one set of values, but a cart cookie would hold many
    sets of values.
    thanks

    shank, Jul 26, 2004
  4. > I understand writing one set of values, but a cart cookie would hold many
    > sets of values.

    What, you mean like

    Response.Cookies("row1") =
    "Q=5,pID=sku67282,description=bra,price=15.99,size=36D"
    Response.Cookies("row2") =
    "Q=1,pID=sku67283,description=boxers,price=12.99,size=XL"
    Response.Cookies("row3") =
    "Q=2,pID=sku67284,description=teddy,price=44.99,size=4"

    ?

    I don't know what kind of tutorial you're looking for. I also don't know
    why you would want a cookie-only shopping cart. What advantage does this
    give you over existing methods, for which source code is readily available?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)
    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 26, 2004
  5. shank

    shank Guest

    I'm trying to get a fully functional website onto a CD. Along with that I
    would like to add a simple cart where a user can add products and print out
    their order. Hence, the need for cookies. I cannot send them to the internet
    or write to a database. Doing that would be to friggin' easy...
    thanks

    shank, Jul 26, 2004
  6. How do you plan on running ASP code from a CD? Do you expect end users to
    be able to install / configure IIS, and make a virtual directory pointing to
    their CD-Rom?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 26, 2004
  7. shank

    shank Guest

    ActiveSite Compiler will do it. I've tried it and it works. The downside is
    that it must use ASP and one other language like vbscript.

    shank, Jul 26, 2004
  8. shank

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:45:48 GMT, "shank" <>
    wrote:

    >ActiveSite Compiler will do it. I've tried it and it works. The downside is
    >that it must use ASP and one other language like vbscript.

    ASP isn't a language. VBScript (or Jscript) is the language used in
    ASP.

    Which brings up your assertion that you can't use a database. Which
    you can, you just can't write to it. Which means you can have saved
    queries though, and just store the query variables in the cookie, item
    number and quantity for example. The description, price, etc. are all
    retrievable.

    Or write to a local file, running off CD you can still write to the C:
    drive. Or stop trying to do this in ASP and do a VB front end, like
    normal programmers. :)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 27, 2004