    the time is UTC. The computer date and time are correct on the machine
    running the program (SBS2003R2). How do I get the local time on my email
    alerts.
    BrassicaNigra, Aug 4, 2008

  2. Hi Brassica,

    As Mark suggested, for .net/ASP.NET 2.0 application, it is recommended that
    we use the Systme.Net.Mail component for SMTP mail processing. Also, for
    the datetime issue, I'd like to confirm whether the datetime in the email
    is incorrect or just the format (timezone) is incorrect. For example, is
    the time in the message still accurate , but not in the correct local time
    offset?

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJhc3NpY2FOaWdyYQ==?= <>
    >Subject: CDO timestamp
    >Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:44:17 -0700

    >I have an application that uses CDO to send an email alert to management

    when

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 5, 2008

  3. Time is in UTC but is correct. I want it in Mountain Time.

    As for System.Net.Mail; I spent several months trying to get this to work
    and finally gave up and went back to CDO which I have used for many years.

    BrassicaNigra, Aug 5, 2008
  4. Thanks for your reply Brassica,

    Would you provide me some code snippet of your CDO message sending so that
    I can perform some local test on it. BTW, may I also have your current
    client operating system's version and some .net framework environment
    information?

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJhc3NpY2FOaWdyYQ==?= <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: CDO timestamp
    >Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:18:01 -0700

    >Time is in UTC but is correct. I want it in Mountain Time.
    >
    >As for System.Net.Mail; I spent several months trying to get this to work
    >and finally gave up and went back to CDO which I have used for many years.
    >
    >"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Brassica,
    >>
    >> As Mark suggested, for .net/ASP.NET 2.0 application, it is recommended

    that
    >> we use the Systme.Net.Mail component for SMTP mail processing. Also, for
    >> the datetime issue, I'd like to confirm whether the datetime in the

    email
    >> is incorrect or just the format (timezone) is incorrect. For example, is
    >> the time in the message still accurate , but not in the correct local

    time
    >> offset?
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
    >>

    >> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments

    and

    Please
    >> .

    >> ications.

    rights.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 7, 2008
  5. This is running on Windows Small Business Server 2003R2 under asp.net 2.0

    CDO.Message oMsg = new CDO.Message();
    CDO.IConfiguration iConfg;
    iConfg = oMsg.Configuration;
    ADODB.Fields oFields;
    oFields = iConfg.Fields;
    // Set configuration.
    ADODB.Field oField =
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing"];
    //TODO: To send by using the smart host, uncomment the
    following lines:
    oField.Value = CDO.CdoSendUsing.cdoSendUsingPort;
    oField =
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver"];
    oField.Value = "aaserver";
    oFields.Update();
    oMsg.From = strSalesRepEmail + "@aapcb.com";
    oMsg.To = "; ;
    ";
    oMsg.BCC = "";
    oMsg.Subject = "New turnkey order: WO# " +
    strGlobalWorkOrder;
    oMsg.TextBody = "Hi";
    oMsg.Send();

    BrassicaNigra, Aug 7, 2008
  6. Thanks for your reply Brassica,

    I've just performed some research on my local windows 2003 server box. It
    seems the email sent via the CDO sys(or the .NET System.net.Mail
    componenhts) can display the local time on client machine(the SMTP client),
    for me I use outlook. Also, event I change the culture info or timezone at
    server, it won't affect the client-side displaying result.

    Here is my test code(the CDO code you provided as well as system.net.Mail
    code I used):

    ==============================
    private void btnCDO_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    CDO.Message oMsg = new CDO.Message();
    CDO.IConfiguration iConfg;
    iConfg = oMsg.Configuration;
    ADODB.Fields oFields;
    oFields = iConfg.Fields;

    ADODB.Field oField =
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing"];
    oField.Value = CDO.CdoSendUsing.cdoSendUsingPort;

    oField =
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver"];
    oField.Value = "smtphost";

    oField =
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate"];
    oField.Value = CDO.CdoProtocolsAuthentication.cdoNTLM;

    oFields.Update();
    oMsg.From = "";
    oMsg.To = "";

    oMsg.Subject = "New turnkey order: New Email";
    oMsg.TextBody = "Hi, this is a test!";
    oMsg.Send();
    }

    private void btnNetSmtp_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new
    System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE");
    MailMessage msg = new MailMessage(
    "",
    "",
    "test email for issue",
    "this is a test email!");

    SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("smtphost");
    client.DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.Network;
    client.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

    client.Send(msg);

    }
    ==================================

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJhc3NpY2FOaWdyYQ==?= <>

    <>
    <>
    <Vgtu1WG#>

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 8, 2008
  7. Hi Brassica,

    Any progress on this issue?

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 12, 2008
  8. Steven,

    No progress yet as I have been out of the office for a few days. I will
    look at it again later this week. Thanks for your assistance.

    Dale

    BrassicaNigra, Aug 12, 2008