CDONTS doesnt work always

amith shetty

I am using CDONTS to send mail to the user from my ASP application.
However, the code doenst works all the time. I am able to get mails but
nothing happnes most of the time. The code works maybe once in 20 tries.
What could be the reason? Thanks in advance.

Curt_C [MVP]

check your BADMAIL (and other mailroot) folders to see if it's stuck in
there....

John Blessing

Curt_C said:
check your BADMAIL (and other mailroot) folders to see if it's stuck in
there....

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

IME CDONTS is unreliable. I've had much more reliable results using one of
the free smtp mail components such as jmail or aspemail
(http://www.aspemail.com)

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software at affordable prices
http://www.free-helpdesk.com - Completely free help desk software !
http://www.lbesync.com - Synchronize two Outlook Personal Folders

amith shetty

there are no records in the badmail folder ..only those with bad emails
cant understand where the mails disappear...:-(