CDONTS problem

Chris Kennedy

not sure where to post this one

I have an ASP page which uses CDONTS (IIS W2K server) to send over 1000
emails from SQL Server 2000. I made some minor changes and it only now sends
to about 20 records and stops. I can see it stopping in the logs (i.e. it
gets to 24 and stops sending) it has about 4 errors of emails it cannot send
because the emails don't exist anymore etc.

It is looping correctly through the recordset because I display a list of
emails in the recordset.
I have tried it with a dummy set of records all with the same work or
hotmail account and it successfully sends to the 100 dummy records.

I can't see anything in the system log other than the 4 failed emails. Can
anyone help.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

First off, switch your code to CDO.Message. http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

Second, don't try to do 1000 at a time. You're bringing your server to it's
knees. If you absolutely have to do this from ASP, do 50 or 100 at most at
one time. But I strongly recommend you don't do this from ASP at all.