Centering headers in menu.

Sym

Luigi said:
I am wondering what is wrong in the external style sheet which affects the
behaviour of these headers.

Try padding-left: 0px for your UL elements

rgds
Sym.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Sym said:
Try padding-left: 0px for your UL elements

rgds
Sym.

Thank you!
It is working now!
It seems as it were the buttons which should be moved and not the headers as
I had thought before..
Do you think that it is easier to navigate by having an horizontal or a
vertical list of links in the list of contents?

Sym

Luigi said:
Do you think that it is easier to navigate by having an horizontal or a
vertical list of links in the list of contents?

I think upto say 5 items is ok vertically, otherwise a horizontal menu
is nicer. Infact at the moment i prefer horizontal always, but then
again tastes do change...

Rgds
Sym.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Sym said:
I think upto say 5 items is ok vertically, otherwise a horizontal menu
is nicer. Infact at the moment i prefer horizontal always, but then
again tastes do change...

Rgds
Sym.

The problem is that it looks nicer horizontally but
it is easier for me to find different items when the list is vertical
(I have tested it for a while just on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html )
So, my question is whether the average user find it easier to navigate a
horizontal or a vertical list of contents
(I call menu the one on the left)
And what would you choose when an alternative makes the page more accessible
while the other let the page look better???

Ed Seedhouse

And what would you choose when an alternative makes the page more accessible
while the other let the page look better???

What did you design the page for, to be used or to be admired?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Ed Seedhouse said:
What did you design the page for, to be used or to be admired?

To be used.
However, I do not know how many find it easier to find an item in a long
vertical list. I do.
Do you?

Sym

Sorry - above i got vertical and horizontal the wrong way round (well
it was late here )

yes vertical i find better almost always + certainly if you have a long
list it just looks too cramped horizontaly.

rgds
Sym

Ed Seedhouse

To be used.

So you've answered your own question.
However, I do not know how many find it easier to find an item in a long
vertical list. I do.
Do you?

Well, that isn't the question I was responding to.

Why should my opinion be of any importance in the matter? There are
some good usability books and web pages out there and people who have
done actual research on the topic. Why not consult them?

Sym

Ed Seedhouse wrote:

Why should my opinion be of any importance in the matter? There are
some good usability books and web pages out there and people who have
done actual research on the topic. Why not consult them?

maybe he wasnt asking you ? ;)

Rik

Sym said:
maybe he wasnt asking you ? ;)

Well, that's selective quoting on your part....
However, I do not know how many find it easier to find an item in a
long vertical list. I do.
Do you?

One straight question, adressed to one person. It's very, very clear.

Grtz,

Luigi Donatello Asero

Ed Seedhouse said:
So you've answered your own question.

That does not add much to the point. What I think is not necessarily what
you do and what you think may be different from what I do. As a whole, I
like hearing what others have to say and later make up my mind and decide
myself.
Well, that isn't the question I was responding to.

Why should my opinion be of any importance in the matter? There are
some good usability books and web pages out there and people who have
done actual research on the topic. Why not consult them?

Why should I trust them more?
And who said that you were the only person I was going to ask or the only
thing I was going to read?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Rik said:
Well, that's selective quoting on your part....

One straight question, adressed to one person. It's very, very clear.

Grtz,

That does not mean, however, that he was the last person I would ask....

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
That does not add much to the point. What I think is not necessarily what
you do and what you think may be different from what I do. As a whole, I
like hearing what others have to say and later make up my mind and decide
myself.

and

Why should I trust them more?
And who said that you were the only person I was going to ask or the only
thing I was going to read?

.... are sensible replies, Luigi, what are you on? Some special "normal relevant articulate"
drug? Please get off them otherwise you will just turn out to be
another smith on this ng. I want the old Luigi back, the security conscious, Tasmania- inquisitive Italian-in-
Sweden back...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:

Nothing to add.
... are sensible replies, Luigi, what are you on? Some special "normal relevant articulate"
drug?

I do not take any drug. I hope that you do not do it either.

Please get off them otherwise you will just turn out to be
another smith on this ng. I want the old Luigi back, the security
conscious, Tasmania- inquisitive Italian-in-
Sweden back...

Bye bye

Leonard Blaisdell

dorayme said:
... are sensible replies, Luigi, what are you on? Some special "normal
relevant articulate"
drug? Please get off them otherwise you will just turn out to be
another smith on this ng. I want the old Luigi back, the security conscious,
Tasmania- inquisitive Italian-in-
Sweden back...

They've altered the program!

leo "for some definition of they've"