CGI. postgres local install, DBD::Pg fails

brian.darkblueb

DBD::pg installed fine on a stock OS X machine. Apache is turned on
via web sharing.

When we installed DBD::pg, it magically 'found' that postgres was
installed in the local (admin) folder instead of /usr/local. All
DBD::pg test ran as fine.

BUT when code runs as a CGI, the CGI user 'www' apparently cannot
access the postgres libraries. A quick attempt at setting a library's
permissions (libq ?) was no help.

suggestions welcome

J. Gleixner

DBD::pg installed fine on a stock OS X machine. Apache is turned on
via web sharing.

When we installed DBD::pg, it magically 'found' that postgres was
installed in the local (admin) folder instead of /usr/local. All
DBD::pg test ran as fine.

BUT when code runs as a CGI, the CGI user 'www' apparently cannot
access the postgres libraries. A quick attempt at setting a library's
permissions (libq ?) was no help.

suggestions welcome

How do you know 'www' can't access the libraries? What is the error?

brian.darkblueb

How do you know 'www' can't access the libraries? What is the error?

I am not at the machine at this moment, but, two knowledgeable people
looked carefully at the logs and said that this was the case. I will
be there on the show floor at LinuxWorld later today. Suggestions
welcome.

brian.darkblueb

I am not at the machine at this moment, but, two knowledgeable people
looked carefully at the logs and said that this was the case. I will
be there on the show floor at LinuxWorld later today. Suggestions
welcome.

a manual fix of permissions did the trick.. nothing more exotic than
that.