    <OPTION></OPTION> tags?

    Best regards
    Loane
    Loane Sharp, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Loane Sharp

    Dan Abrey Guest

    "Loane Sharp" <> wrote in message
    news:cj1tns$kep$...
    > Hi there
    >
    > Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the default
    > (apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
    > <OPTION></OPTION> tags?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Loane

    Yes, use CSS and the 'select' selector. i.e.:

    select {
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 0.8em;
    }

    Dan
    Dan Abrey, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Loane Sharp

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:55:41 +0100, Dan Abrey <> wrote:

    > "Loane Sharp" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the
    >> default
    >> (apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
    >> <OPTION></OPTION> tags?
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >> Loane
    >>

    > Yes, use CSS and the 'select' selector. i.e.:
    >
    > select {
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 0.8em;
    > }

    But if you have set body font-size, and to anything but 100%, this will
    couse problems. I'd recommend using percents here. 0.8em is equivalent to
    80%.

    Be aware also that sizes below 100% might not be readable. Take the risk
    if you dare. I'd never take the risk with a form element.
    Neal, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Loane Sharp

    Karl Groves Guest

    > Hi there
    >
    > Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the default
    > (apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
    > <OPTION></OPTION> tags?

    Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
    making the text smaller will help your problem?

    -Karl
    Karl Groves, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Loane Sharp

    Dan Abrey Guest

    "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message

    > "Loane Sharp" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi there
    > >
    > > Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the

    default
    > > (apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
    > > <OPTION></OPTION> tags?

    > Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
    > making the text smaller will help your problem?

    Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it? Bloody elitist usenet.
    Assumptions get you nowhere.
    Dan Abrey, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Loane Sharp

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:08:05 +0100, Dan Abrey <> wrote:

    > "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message
    >> Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
    >> making the text smaller will help your problem?

    > Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it?

    If it was what he said, it wouldn't be a guess.

    > Bloody elitist usenet.

    Oh, pooh. You get what you pay for.

    > Assumptions get you nowhere.

    Providing details gets you better replies. Rather than answer help
    questions in a vacuum, we prefer discussion of the overall scenario. The
    answers which then arrive are far more relevant.
    Neal, Sep 27, 2004
  7. Loane Sharp

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Dan Abrey" <> wrote in message

    > "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message

    >> Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
    >> making the text smaller will help your problem?

    > Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it? Bloody elitist usenet.
    > Assumptions get you nowhere.

    Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
    question?
    It isn't for me.

    -Karl
    Karl Groves, Sep 27, 2004
  8. Loane Sharp

    > "Dan Abrey" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message

    > >> Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
    > >> making the text smaller will help your problem?

    > > Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it? Bloody elitist usenet.
    > > Assumptions get you nowhere.

    > Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
    > question?
    > It isn't for me.

    Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.
    Dan Abrey, Sep 27, 2004
  9. Loane Sharp

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Dan Abrey" <> wrote in message

    > "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
    >> question?
    >> It isn't for me.

    > Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.

    I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.
    If you do not like it, killfile me.

    -Karl
    Karl Groves, Sep 27, 2004
  10. Loane Sharp

    > "Dan Abrey" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
    > >> question?
    > >> It isn't for me.

    > > Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.
    > >

    > I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.
    > If you do not like it, killfile me.

    Thats a very aggressive reply to a pretty logical answer. Its just beyong me
    replying to a post on Usenet just to almost patronize the OP. I never said I
    didnt like you, I've never met you.
    Dan Abrey, Sep 27, 2004
  11. Loane Sharp

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <cj9v50$r11$>,
    says...

    > > Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.

    > I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.

    boys, play nice
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free
    WebcastMaker, Sep 28, 2004
  12. Loane Sharp

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <cj9vq3$2lk$>,
    says...
    > > > Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.

    > > I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.
    > > If you do not like it, killfile me.

    > Thats a very aggressive reply to a pretty logical answer. Its just beyong me
    > replying to a post on Usenet just to almost patronize the OP. I never said I
    > didnt like you, I've never met you.

    Don't make me come back there!
    WebcastMaker, Sep 28, 2004