change font in drop-down list?

Loane Sharp

Hi there

Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the default
(apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
<OPTION></OPTION> tags?

Best regards
Loane

Dan Abrey

Loane Sharp said:
Hi there

Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the default
(apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
<OPTION></OPTION> tags?

Best regards
Loane

Yes, use CSS and the 'select' selector. i.e.:

select {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
}

Dan

Neal

Yes, use CSS and the 'select' selector. i.e.:

select {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
}

But if you have set body font-size, and to anything but 100%, this will
couse problems. I'd recommend using percents here. 0.8em is equivalent to
80%.

Be aware also that sizes below 100% might not be readable. Take the risk
if you dare. I'd never take the risk with a form element.

Karl Groves

Loane Sharp said:
Hi there

Is there any way to change the font (family, size, etc.) from the default
(apparently Arial 12pt regular) in a drop-down list created using the
<OPTION></OPTION> tags?

Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
making the text smaller will help your problem?

-Karl

Dan Abrey

Karl Groves said:
Lemme guess. You have an absurdly long dropdown menu and you think that
making the text smaller will help your problem?

Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it? Bloody elitist usenet.
Assumptions get you nowhere.

Neal

Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it?

If it was what he said, it wouldn't be a guess.
Bloody elitist usenet.

Oh, pooh. You get what you pay for.
Assumptions get you nowhere.

Providing details gets you better replies. Rather than answer help
questions in a vacuum, we prefer discussion of the overall scenario. The
answers which then arrive are far more relevant.

Karl Groves

Dan Abrey said:
Yeah, because thats what he said isn't it? Bloody elitist usenet.
Assumptions get you nowhere.

Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
question?
It isn't for me.

-Karl

Dan Abrey

Karl Groves said:
Lemme guess - it is the first time you've ever seen someone ask that
question?
It isn't for me.

Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.

Karl Groves

Dan Abrey said:
Nor me, but if youre sick of answering a specific question, don't reply.

I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.
If you do not like it, killfile me.

-Karl

Dan Abrey

Karl Groves said:
I'll reply to whoever I want to and in whichever fashion I want to.
If you do not like it, killfile me.

Thats a very aggressive reply to a pretty logical answer. Its just beyong me
replying to a post on Usenet just to almost patronize the OP. I never said I
didnt like you, I've never met you.

WebcastMaker

Thats a very aggressive reply to a pretty logical answer. Its just beyong me
replying to a post on Usenet just to almost patronize the OP. I never said I
didnt like you, I've never met you.

Don't make me come back there!