Change language when in an Arabic Edit Box

Michelle Stone

Hi

I am doing a bilingual .NET application for
English/Arabic. On a web form, I have some edit boxes for
data entry in Arabic and some for entry in English. Right
now the user has to change his keyboard language by
pressing ALT+SHIFT (or by changing the language manually
elsewhere) each time he wants to shift from one language
to another.

Is there anyway I can automatically change the language
when the user moves from an English Edit box to an Arabic
Entry edit box?

Thanks...

Jerry III

I don't think so, this is purely client side issue, if they want they can
enter their input using Right Alt + the keycode of the characters they want
to type in. Technically you could write an ActiveX control that would do
this but I don't think your users would welcome you changing their input
locale.

Jerry

Michelle Stone

Actually my customer asked me whether this can be done.
On an employee-registration screen, he has to enter the
name and address of an employee in both English and
Arabic. This guy types without looking at the screen
(only at keyboard) and it was only after typing both
english and arabic that he realized that he forgot to
press ALT+SHIFT to switch language, resulting in garbage
english characters in the arabic text box!

he immediately told me to make this switch automatic, and
i said it will be done.

can anyone give me any pointers to this? thanks

Jerry III

It can't be done with HTML and scripting. You would either have to code your
own browser or somehow get Win32 code to his machine to do this (such as an
ActiveX control).

Jerry