    I'd like to know whether we can change this default value while preserving
    the project name?

    Thanks in advance
    gan, Oct 30, 2003

  2. You can change the name of the default Virtual directory in the property grid.
    In the File System Editor, accesed through View->Editor ->File System
    Select the Web Application Folder
    Open its Property grid (if not already opened) by right clicking and selecting properties.
    Change the VirtualDirectory Property to the value that you wish, this will not change your project name.
    Todd Derksen

    Todd Derksen [MSFT], Nov 4, 2003