Changing the password setting

King Coffee

Hi,

I'm using the wizard login control in ASP.NET 2.0. The default password is 7
characters minimum and an minimum 1 non-alphanumeric character. Why can I
change these setting?

King

Eliyahu Goldin

You can. Do this in web.config:

<membership>
<providers>
<!--
This removes the default membership provider as defined
in the machine.config and
adds the same one but this time with more relaxed
password format and questions settings.
-->
<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,
System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
applicationName="/"
requiresUniqueEmail="false"
passwordFormat="Hashed"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
minRequiredPasswordLength="1"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
passwordAttemptWindow="10"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
</providers>
</membership>